The Institute for Democracy, Media & Culture is hiring
FULL-TIME PROGRAM ASSISTANT
IDMC is an independent, non-profit and non-governmental organization based in Tirana, aiming at promoting dignity and human rights as a key element of Europe and European Union (EU) democratic values. With a special focus on strengthening the civic education of young people and the process of dealing with the past, IDMC raises awareness in Albanian society and particularly among young people on the consequences of crimes committed in totalitarian regimes, including the dictatorship in Albania. Should you need more information about our work please consult our website at www.idmc.al.
The Program Assistant will work closely with and under the supervision of the IDMC director. His/her main responsibilities are the organization and coordination of IDMC projects. Among the tasks to be performed we expect new ideas to enrich IDMC's program.
- Organizes IDMC activities (international conferences, training, workshops, exhibitions, study visits etc.);
- Ensures effective implementation of the projects within the predicted timescale and the planned budget;
- Contributes to the overall development of the programme of the institute;
- Performs both managerial and administrative duties as necessary for each project;
- Conducts research depending on the project;
- In consultation with IDMC director plans IDMC project budget;
- Is responsible for narrative reporting on the projects;
- Acts as Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator;
- Acts as a contact point for partnerships and networking with IDMC;
- Assigns tasks to the local coordinators and daily assistants when necessary to ensure an effective share of duties, and supervises their work;
- Represents IDMC in Albania and abroad;
- Creates and keeps organized and accessible project documentation (program, plans, budget, contracts, communication etc.);
- Offers technical assistance on the office administration.
- At least 3 years of proven work experience as a project coordinator or in similar roles;
- Very good organizational and managerial skills;
- Very good writing skills; responsible, motivated, multitasking, flexible and reliable;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines;
- Good understanding of the process of dealing with the past is an advantage;
- Very good proficiency in English (German language is an advantage);
- Familiarity with the work of a non-governmental organization is an advantage.
- Very good working experience in the international environment provided by an experienced organization with a wide network of foreign and local partners;
- Competitive salary, depending on experience;
- Your quiet and very modern office and a rich library;
- Opportunity for personal skill and career development;
- Coverage of costs such as expenses travelling due to work, daily allowance when representing IDMC abroad; mobile phone costs;
- You can be involved in other activities outside work with IDMC consent, as long as they do not interfere with IDMC work and there is no conflict of interest.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Detailed motivation letter answering two questions: 1) why are you applying? and 2) what is your previous experience in project coordination?
- (Please be as concrete as possible);
- One recommendation letter;
- Scanned copy of higher education certificate;
- Scanned ID or passport
Deadline: 20 October 2019
Only qualified candidates who will be invited for an interview will be contacted!